Komunitas Praktisi, Intelektual Hukum Indonesia Tersaji Apik & Menarik
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
.
Retired
Retired


Posts : 2660
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed    Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:13 pm

A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed

Posted by Maressa Brown on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM

The world lost a visionary yesterday. Steve Jobs passed away at the way too young age of 56, after an eight-year-long battle with pancreatic cancer. Although he's pretty much the guy who lived, breathed, and embodied the Revenge of the Nerds story, today, he's not just mourned by techies and geeks.

As co-founder of Apple Inc. and chief exec for Pixar Animation Studios, Jobs likely touched all of our lives in some way or another. In fact, it would be pretty difficult to even imagine a world in which he never existed (think It's a Wonderful Life). Here, seven of the amazing inventions we would be without if it weren't for Steve Jobs ...

1. The personal computer as we know it - Although many of us tend to think of Bob Gates as the grandfather of the PC, thanks to Windows, it was actually Jobs who came up with the kind of operating system that's now ubiquitous in both PCs and Macs. When IBM came out with their first PC, Jobs countered with the Macintosh in 1984, which was the first computer to feature a mouse, pull-down menus, and icons. Before that, you had to use a command-line interface -- remember, C:/ ... etc.? (I used to play a Winnie the Pooh game on one of those!)

2. Fonts - We might all be stuck writing in Arial or Comic Sans, if it weren't for Jobs, who decided Macs should have a wide variety of fonts to choose from and personally designed many examples in the library. Most were named after cities, capturing their mood and character in letter forms -- like "Chicago," which had strong Art Deco influences, Chaucerian "London," and the Swiss-styled "Geneva."

3. iPods - If you grew up owning or using a turntable or even a cassette tape, do you think you would have ever imagined having a device that allows you to hold 40,000 songs in your pocket? 'Nuff said.

4. Pixar movies - When Jobs bought George Lucas' computer-graphics division in 1986, Pixar was born. Soon, the company was on track to develop films like Toy Story, which ushered in a completely new and innovative form of animated entertainment.

5. iTunes - Sure, we all flirted with Napster at some time or another, but in 2001, the way we listened to and bought music changed forever, thanks to Jobs. 

6. iPads - Interestingly, Jobs said that he started developing the first-gen iPad (which was released last year) before the iPhone. Makes sense, being that the technology is practically identical now. But the first tablet Apple came out with was the Newton MessagePad 100 in 1993. Clearly, Jobs always was ahead of the curve in the tablet revolution.

7. iPhones - Droid and BlackBerry lovers can say whatever they want, but no smartphone had ever changed people's lives the way this phone has in the past 5 years it has been around. Jobs completely revolutionized cellphones forever.

Which of these items has changed your life the most?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lawyers.forumotion.net
erobi
Partner
Partner


Posts : 641
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Jakarta

PostSubject: Re: A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed    Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:30 pm

iPod dan pixar movies hehehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bane
Darth
Darth


Posts : 3573
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed    Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:08 am

Egghead wrote:
A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed

Posted by Maressa Brown on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM

The world lost a visionary yesterday. Steve Jobs passed away at the way too young age of 56, after an eight-year-long battle with pancreatic cancer. Although he's pretty much the guy who lived, breathed, and embodied the Revenge of the Nerds story, today, he's not just mourned by techies and geeks.

As co-founder of Apple Inc. and chief exec for Pixar Animation Studios, Jobs likely touched all of our lives in some way or another. In fact, it would be pretty difficult to even imagine a world in which he never existed (think It's a Wonderful Life). Here, seven of the amazing inventions we would be without if it weren't for Steve Jobs ...

1. The personal computer as we know it - Although many of us tend to think of Bob Gates as the grandfather of the PC, thanks to Windows, it was actually Jobs who came up with the kind of operating system that's now ubiquitous in both PCs and Macs. When IBM came out with their first PC, Jobs countered with the Macintosh in 1984, which was the first computer to feature a mouse, pull-down menus, and icons. Before that, you had to use a command-line interface -- remember, C:/ ... etc.? (I used to play a Winnie the Pooh game on one of those!)

An early use of the term "personal computer" appeared in a November 3, 1962, New York Times article reporting John W. Mauchly's vision of future computing as detailed at a recent meeting of the American Institute of Industrial Engineers. Mauchly stated, "There is no reason to suppose the average boy or girl cannot be master of a personal computer".[1]

Six years later a manufacturer took the risk of referring to their product this way, when Hewlett-Packard advertised their "Powerful Computing Genie" as "The New Hewlett-Packard 9100A personal computer".[2] This advertisement was deemed too extreme for the target audience and replaced with a much drier ad for the HP 9100A programmable calculator.[3][4]

In the 1970s Hewlett Packard introduced fully BASIC programmable computers that fit entirely on top of a desk, including a keyboard, a small one-line display and printer. The Xerox Alto, developed in 1973 at Xerox's Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), had a graphical user interface (GUI) that later served as inspiration for Apple Computer's Macintosh, and Microsoft's Windows operating system.

Steve Wozniak (known as "Woz"), a regular visitor to Homebrew Computer Club meetings, designed the single-board Apple I computer and first demonstrated it there. With specifications in hand and an order for 100 machines at $500.00 US Dollars each from the Byte Shop, Woz and his friend Steve Jobs founded Apple Computer.


====

after misleading by far, you got the wrong steve. its woz, not jobs.

Egghead wrote:

2. Fonts - We might all be stuck writing in Arial or Comic Sans, if it weren't for Jobs, who decided Macs should have a wide variety of fonts to choose from and personally designed many examples in the library. Most were named after cities, capturing their mood and character in letter forms -- like "Chicago," which had strong Art Deco influences, Chaucerian "London," and the Swiss-styled "Geneva."

3. iPods - If you grew up owning or using a turntable or even a cassette tape, do you think you would have ever imagined having a device that allows you to hold 40,000 songs in your pocket? 'Nuff said.

IXI
British scientist Kane Kramer designed one of the earliest digital audio players, which he called the IXI. His 1979 prototype was capable of approximately one hour of audio playback but it did not enter commercial production. His UK patent application was not filed until 1981.[3] Apple Inc. hired Kramer as a consultant and presented his work as an example of prior art in the field of digital audio players during their litigation with Burst.com almost two decades later.[4]

Audible.com MobilePlayer
The first production-volume portable digital audio player was The Audio Player (also known as MobilePlayer, or Digital Words To Go) from Audible.com[5] available for sale in late 1997 or January 1998, for USD $200. It only supported playback of digital audio in Audible's proprietary, low-bitrate format which was developed for spoken word recordings. Capacity was limited to 4 MB of internal flash memory, or about 2 hours of play, using a custom rechargeable battery pack. The unit had no display and rudimentary controls.

SaeHan/Eiger MPMan
The world's first mass-produced hardware MP3 player[6] was created in 1997 by Saehan Information Systems, which domestically sold its “MPMan” player in April 1998. In mid-1998, the South Korean company licensed the players for North American distribution to Eiger Labs, which rebranded them as the Eiger MPMan F10 and F20.[7] The flash-based players were available in 32 MB (about 6 songs) storage capacity.

Diamond Rio
The Rio PMP300 from Diamond Multimedia was introduced in September 1998, a few months after the MPMan, and also featured a 32 MB storage capacity. It was a success during the holiday season, with sales exceeding expectations.[8] Interest and investment in digital music were subsequently spurred from it.[9] Because of the player's notoriety as the target of a major lawsuit,[10] the Rio is erroneously assumed to be the first DAP.[11]

HanGo Personal Jukebox
In 1998, Compaq developed the first hard drive based DAP using a 2.5" laptop drive. It was licensed to HanGo Electronics (now known as Remote Solution), which first sold the PJB-100 (Personal Jukebox) in 1999. The player had an initial capacity of 4.8 GB, with an advertised capacity of 1200 songs.[12]

Creative NOMAD Jukebox
In 2000, Creative released the 6GB hard drive based Creative NOMAD Jukebox. The name borrowed the jukebox metaphor popularised by Remote Solution, also used by Archos. Later players in the Creative NOMAD range used microdrives rather than laptop drives.

Cowon iAUDIO CW100
In October 2000, South Korean software company Cowon Systems released their first MP3 player, the CW100, under the brand name iAUDIO. Ironically, Cowon would later be accused for 'stealing' the 'i-prefix' from Apple, despite the iAUDIO brand being launched one year prior to the first iPod model and aimed exclusively at the Korean market.

Archos Jukebox
In December 2000, some months after the Creative's NOMAD Jukebox, Archos released his Jukebox 6000 with a 6GB hard drive too.

Apple iPod
On October 23, 2001, Apple Computer unveiled the first generation iPod, a 5 GB hard drive based DAP with a 1.8" Toshiba hard drive. With the development of a spartan user interface and a smaller form factor, the iPod was initially popular within the Macintosh community. In July 2002, Apple introduced the second generation update to the iPod. It was compatible with Windows computers through Musicmatch Jukebox.

=====

apparently, apple still doing it now. after claiming its GUI stolen by windows, it continues a long tradition of "innovation" such as accusing cowon as bold above.

so, all the claims of apple is a company full of innovation and sue to protect its legal interest none other than one big bullshit masked as PR stunt?

--> explains why a mastermind of "creative" company only have black turtle neck and jeans on his drawer. What a Face

Egghead wrote:

4. Pixar movies - When Jobs bought George Lucas' computer-graphics division in 1986, Pixar was born. Soon, the company was on track to develop films like Toy Story, which ushered in a completely new and innovative form of animated entertainment.

somebody purposedly not mentioning that the so called idol steve job was fired from apple. stupid apple. stupid steve job. really clarify where the saying of "from apple to apple" come from. lol clown

Egghead wrote:

5. iTunes - Sure, we all flirted with Napster at some time or another, but in 2001, the way we listened to and bought music changed forever, thanks to Jobs. 

SoundJam MP, developed by Bill Kincaid and released by Casady & Greene in 1999,[8] was renamed iTunes when Apple purchased it in 2000. Jeff Robbin, Kincaid, and Dave Heller moved to Apple as part of the acquisition, where they continue to work today as the software's original developers. They simplified SoundJam's user interface, added the ability to burn CDs, and removed its recording feature and skin support.[9] On January 9, 2001, iTunes 1.0 was released at Macworld San Francisco. Macintosh users immediately began poking through iTunes' resource fork, where they discovered numerous strings and other resources that indicated iTunes was a re-engineered SoundJam MP. Casady & Greene ceased distribution of SoundJam MP on June 1, 2001 at the request of the developers.[10]

======

not even created by jobs and/or apple. merely a strategic bussiness acquisition. who wrote the damn article anyway? stupid!

i would not dare to label who copied and paste as moron off course since he/she is the admin. What a Face

Egghead wrote:

6. iPads - Interestingly, Jobs said that he started developing the first-gen iPad (which was released last year) before the iPhone. Makes sense, being that the technology is practically identical now. But the first tablet Apple came out with was the Newton MessagePad 100 in 1993. Clearly, Jobs always was ahead of the curve in the tablet revolution.

Alan Kay attempted to formulate his Dynabook portable computer concept as early as 1968; with his 1972 paper: "A personal computer for children of all ages" detailing possible uses and functionality for his Dynabook concept.[9]

In 1994 the European Union initiated the 'OMI-NewsPAD' project (EP9252), requiring a consumer device be developed for the receipt and consumption of electronically delivered news / newspapers and associated multi-media. The NewsPad name and project goals were borrowed from and inspired by Arthur C. Clarke's 1965 screen play and Stanley Kubrick's 1968 film: 2001: A Space Odyssey.[10] Acorn Computers developed and delivered an ARM based touch screen tablet computer for this program, branded the NewsPad. The device was supplied for the duration of the Barcelona based trial, which ended in 1997.

Intel announced a Strong ARM based touch screen tablet computer in 1999, under the name WebPAD, the tablet was later re-branded as the "Intel Web Tablet".[11]

During the 2000s Microsoft attempted to define with the Microsoft Tablet PC the tablet personal computer product concept[12] as a mobile computer for field work in business,[13] though their devices failed to achieve widespread usage mainly due to price and usability problems that made them unsuitable outside of their limited intended purpose.[14]

This concept was created two years before the founding of Xerox PARC. Kay wanted to make “A Personal Computer For Children Of All Ages.” The ideas led to the development of the Xerox Alto prototype, which was originally called “the interim Dynabook”.[5][6] It embodied all the elements of a graphical user interface, or GUI, as early as 1972. The software component of this research was Smalltalk, which went on to have a life of its own independent of the Dynabook concept.

=====

creative and innovation my ass! if steve jobs accuse of samsung stealing his invention, on this page alone are so many ideas apple stole from. hypocrite!

Egghead wrote:

7. iPhones - Droid and BlackBerry lovers can say whatever they want, but no smartphone had ever changed people's lives the way this phone has in the past 5 years it has been around. Jobs completely revolutionized cellphones forever.

Which of these items has changed your life the most?

yeah sure. just another marketing gimmick from stupid apple fanboi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bane
Darth
Darth


Posts : 3573
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed    Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:10 am

itulah bedanya fanboi dengan orang yang terpelajar. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
.
Retired
Retired


Posts : 2660
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed    Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:21 am

Buahahahhaha, sepanjang itu gw cukup counter dengan kalimat super indah dari film:

If they were the inventor of PC + GUI, ipad, ipod, iphone, mac, they would have invented PC + GUI, ipad, ipod, iphone, and mac...but they didn't and apple did What a Face

Dan sejarah akan mencatat seluruh barang elektronik di bumi merely kloningan, bootleg alias bajakan dari produk teknologi yang didefinisikan apple What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lawyers.forumotion.net
bane
Darth
Darth


Posts : 3573
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed    Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:33 am

Egghead wrote:
Buahahahhaha, sepanjang itu gw cukup counter dengan kalimat super indah dari film:

argumen apple fanboi cuman sekelas pelem....

Egghead wrote:

If they were the inventor of PC + GUI, ipad, ipod, iphone, mac, they would have invented PC + GUI, ipad, ipod, iphone, and mac...but they didn't and apple did What a Face

nobody claim as the inventor of ipad, ipod, iphone, mac but apple. however, other did invent the root/basic tech which apple fanboi claimed invented by apple.

learn to see the difference, if you are a lawyer. ups silent

Egghead wrote:

Dan sejarah akan mencatat seluruh barang elektronik di bumi merely kloningan, bootleg alias bajakan dari produk teknologi yang didefinisikan apple What a Face

nope. sejarah tidak mencatat apple sebagai inventor. apple fanboi did.

kualitas apple fanboi ya lu liat aja di cermin What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
.
Retired
Retired


Posts : 2660
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed    Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:12 am

Karena untuk counter argumen kosong emang cukup pake kalimat mark zuckerberg di film What a Face

Apple gak pernah klaim semua teknologi di dalam ipad mereka yang ciptakan lho, namun faktanya adalah tidak ada satupun produsen mp3 player, tablet, handphone maupun PC yang menciptalkan produk yang remotely seperti ipad, ipod, iphone, mac, mac mini, macbook air, macbook pro sebelum apple mengeluarkan produk tersebut.

Kemudian sekarang para produsen non apple ramai-ramai menciptakan produk dengan definisi maupun filosofi seperti ipad, macbook air, iphone, mac mini, mac, kebetulan? Nope berdasarkan res ipsa loquitoir maka terbukti tanpa apple dan steve jobs produk boot leg itu tdk akan pernah tercipta What a Face


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lawyers.forumotion.net
bane
Darth
Darth


Posts : 3573
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed    Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:26 am

oh ya, setuju sekali. apple tidak pernah klaim memang. apple fanboi did. you just can;t see the difference in it yah?


produk dengan definisi maupun filosofi sama? itu kan argumen basi dari loyernya apple yang kalah dan harus majang pernyataan bahwa samsung tidak melanggar paten apple.


mereka dah masang pernyataan itu. mereka mengakui bahwa samsung tidak melanggar paten apple di web apple sendiri.


tapi namanya apple fanboi kan emang begok What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
.
Retired
Retired


Posts : 2660
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed    Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:55 am

Kasihan masih gak paham juga, gw kasih contoh yah gimana semua fakta fiktif di atas bisa dipatahkan cuma dengan kalimat dalam film What a Face

A. Xerox yang menciptakan GUI dan mouse yada yada yada

Answer: if xerox were the inventor of GUI and mouse, they would have invented fully operational PC with GUI, but they didn't and apple did What a Face

B. Perusahaan lain menciptakan tablet duluan.

Answer: if they were the inventor of ipad-like tablet, they would have invented ipad-like tablet, but they didn't, and apple did What a Face

C. Android yang mirip iOS itu murni diciptakan google

Answer: if google were the inventor of iOS-like OS, they would have invented iOS-like OS, but they didn't and apple did What a Face

Ikutin rumusnya aja, dan semua kalimat panjang lu di atas pupus semua lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lawyers.forumotion.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed    Today at 1:27 pm

Back to top Go down
 
A World Without Steve Jobs: 7 Wonders We Would Have Missed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 12 lessons for us all from the life of Steve Jobs
» Lets discuss - This is How world Top CEO are paid
» ''New world securities''
» BIL - purchase Excel world
» THE 2012 world worst market LOL

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warung Hukum  :: Lounge :: Cult of Mac-
Jump to: